We and the whole world are working remotely. Someone is still just trying to do it, believing that very soon, we will all return to the offices. Others have mastered the techniques and are benefiting from remote work. This article has collected several remote work communication best practices below.
How to apply remote teams best practices?
The mass transition to remote work was successful – 81% of people did not have to learn any skills, but only 36% spoke positively about the new experience. The problems are mainly with the insufficiently debugged work of video conferencing, security, lack of a single space for communicating with colleagues, and difficulties with remote access to familiar office programs. IT companies, which are no strangers to remote work, did the best job. In the face of uncertainty, people analyze how to correct mistakes and save money on the abandonment of a traditional office, as well as what expenses may arise in the reorganization of remote teams best practices.
The implementation of remote practices for employees is a powerful international trend. The number of remote workers wouldn’t grow exponentially if people thought remote work was a dead end. There are many examples of successful career development of remote employees in both large companies and small firms. But it is important to remember that effective remote work requires specific skills, organization, and technical equipment. With them, the remote worker can easily be as productive and successful as anyone else in the company.
Remote work saves time on the way to the office, standing by the coffee machine, queuing for the restroom, and chatting in the smoking room. This time can be spent on work, or rather, on achieving results. And if the employee achieves results before the deadline, he can spend the free time on rest, hobbies, family and then return to work with new energy.
What are the best practices for remote work communication?
Back in early 2020, remote work was something of a freelance and IT world. And today, you won’t surprise anyone with entire online offices in completely different niches, for example, in banking or the agricultural sector. Often managers are afraid to work with remote employees and contractors because they do not know what to expect and how to organize productive work.
Frequent travel or collaboration forces users to wonder how to connect to a remote desktop. Access allows you to get many functions: work with the contents of the disk, installed programs, system settings, etc. If you wish, you can look at the work of another person using the same equipment.
Among the best practices of remote work communications are the following:
- Do not try to log the work of employees and take screenshots. Come up with normal methods to control work. First of all, pay attention to the result of the work. Know what needs to be done, by whom and when.
- Give employees a digital and fully virtual workspace. Work with IT to select productivity, meeting, and collaboration apps.
- Prepare technological solutions. In addition to software and digital platforms, your employees should have professional audio and video devices to interact with colleagues, as well as other communication equipment to work effectively from home.
- Praise for successes, and encourage achievement of goals. This is one of the most important motivators; recognition is sought by everyone, regardless of salary.
- Clue. In addition to quick chat discussions, leaders should have weekly video calls with their subordinates to answer questions and learn about issues.